<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.firehousechefdew.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Firehouse Chef Dewey: #SeriousSandwich Type of day Breakfast Burgers for Brunch, and New Mexico Pulled Pork Sandwich with an avocado green chile crema

Sunday, October 14, 2012

#SeriousSandwich Type of day Breakfast Burgers for Brunch, and New Mexico Pulled Pork Sandwich with an avocado green chile crema


Breakfast Burger to start the shift well Brunch by the time I actually got to finish and eat...


Well here is the next sandwich we tried in the Emeril Cook-along with Emeril 's new Kicked up Cookbook available October 16th. I can honestly say this has become one of my favorites cookbooks, one of the things I love about this book, is the variety and the ability to make these sandwiches and gives you numerous ways to change up each of the sandwich, how to make your own bread, sauces and dressings..etc. Its been a great help for changing up lunch at the firehouse giving new life to the Kitchen table at the firehouse in a great way.....

The breakfast budget is basically a fresh breakfast sandwich with a different twist on the normal breakfast, and breakfast sandwich....a meal on a bun... 

I added egg to mine, and I used a Mango coconut pepper sauce for a little sweet kick and it completely went over the top on this sandwich, I can't give you the complete recipe for this sandwich you'll have to order the cookbook for that but I promise if you get this book your not going to be disappointed.

This sandwich was a filling sandwich for brunch, my only issue was that we kept catching calls and it took me a lot longer to finish it and get it on the table....but it was great anyway this is better then any fast food breakfast sandwich.

While making breakfast I started dinner, I made a a favorite of mine from New Mexico Carne Ardovada a pork roast cooked in Red Chiles from Hatch, New Mexico, onion and potato. I cut up a potato and a sweet onion and put in the bottom of the crockpot and then added the pork roast, I covered it in Albukurky BBQ Rub. and then mixed a 1/2 cup of Red Chile Powder with a small box container of Chicken stock, I whisked it together and poured over the roast turned the crockpot on low and waited for dinner.

After 6 hrs on low, not only did the firehouse smell great the roast shredded easily and I made the sandwiches. I used Bollio Rolls, I sliced them buttered and gilled them. and set them aside while I made the Crema.

1 small container of Mexican crema
1 avacado 
1 green chile
juice and zest of a lime
1 bunch of cilantro
salt and pepper

I added the Crema,avocado, green chile, lime juice and zest and a cilantro bunch, salt and pepper into the food processor and blended until smooth and creamy.

Then I built the sandwich:

Took the grilled bread
added some queso fresco crumbled mexican cheese
topped it with the shredded pork and potato
topped it with the Avacado/green chile crema
Added the Top and served

Photo by Lt. Matt Propp BCFD
Wow, what amazing tasting sandwich brings me back to Home in Albuquerque, NM.  this week is the Annual International Balloon Fiesta and I'm feeling a little homesick...so whats the next best thing comfort food from home with a twist I saw the avocado Crema after watching Jeff Mauro on Food Network and he made the Sloppy Jose and I thought the sauce would be great on this favorite of mine and I was right everyone loved it. It enhanced the flavor a 1000X's. And I'll always add this and think I may add it to other favorites I liked the Avacado/Green Chile Crema that much..I'll want to keep it on hand yummy..... 

Don't forget to get your copy of Emeril's Kicked-Up Sandwiches this week.

3 Comments:

At October 15, 2012 at 6:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That breakfast burger would definitely be the only thing I ate all day! What an amazing brunch.

 
At October 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummmm :) both of these look fantastic!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 8:38 PM , Blogger cooperkelly4 said...

Just made the NM sandwich. We renamed it New Mexican sloppy joes. =0)Soooo good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home