<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.firehousechefdew.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Firehouse Chef Dewey: A little bit of Cajun in my Life!

Monday, October 8, 2012

A little bit of Cajun in my Life!

Had the taste for some cajun spice, made a pot of Jambalaya and some Skillet corn bread, its getting cooler, and I was wanting a comfort food and one of my favorites is Jambalaya. I love cajun food, not sure if its from always wanting to try it growing up watching Justin Wilson, but I know when I finally had it I instantly fell in love and has always been a favorite.



I make my Corn bread skillet with Jiffy Corn bread mix, I make 1-2 boxes depending how many people eat, my secret to great corn bread is a extra honey in the mix, and a can of cream corn per box, and then I cook it in an Iron Skillet and baked, with the cream corn you may have to cook a few min extra, but I promise its a moist corn bread...Ive added chopped jalapeño peppers to it or NM Green Chiles for an extra kick.



Now I know some people don't call making a box mix cooking but I like to use it as a base to build on and add on, I love the Zataran's Jambalaya box mix, I add shrimp, smoked sausage, and Chicken. I love a meaty version, I do make my own, but I do add extra Emerl's essence and some red hot. In the firehouse you sometimes don't have the time to cook, I work in a small 15 man dept. full time  with 5 guys per shift, we rotate from engine to the ambulance, so I'm a big fan of 30 min meals. I know nothing special today but It was good...The corn bread was gone...lol I should have made 2 boxes...lol Have a good night and stay safe my friends...

If any firehouse cooks have a recipe they want to share let me know, I'd love to feature you here on my blog....drop me an e-mail rivergrovefire@gmail.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home