<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.firehousechefdew.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Firehouse Chef Dewey: #SeriousSandwich Beer Me...I was drunk on taste Grilled Smoke Sausage sandwich with Beer Braised Onions and Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

Sunday, October 14, 2012

#SeriousSandwich Beer Me...I was drunk on taste Grilled Smoke Sausage sandwich with Beer Braised Onions and Red Velvet Whoopie Pies



 Grilled Smoke Sausage with beer braised onions, Cheese and potato Pierogi and German Potato salad and Red Velvet Whoopie Pies





 After looking through Emeril's new Kicked-up Sandwich cookbook I came across a sandwich I had to try, I love smoked sausage so I saw this and thought why not...Its October lets make this Sandwich..the reason I'm making sandwiches is in honor of the October 16th release of Emeril's new cookbook, myself and 20 other food bloggers are doing a cook along with Emeril.

I grew up eating smoked sausage, and I loved how Emeril put a zip into this sandwich with the beer braised onions, and the Kicked up Mustard, this was so good, the flavor just pops, you could taste the different layers and it was pretty amazing, I made them for my family and my kids loved them...along with some pierogi it was a fun dinner.






For Desert I decided to make something I saw in the book the desert section had a lot of choices, but as soon as I saw Red Velvet I was in...I couldn't resist making Red Velvet Whoopie Pies, I'll be honest until I read this book I'd never heard or seen of a whoopie pie I know where did I grow up..under a rock...but never had one. I will from now on, I loved it, it was soooooo good with cold glass of milk! I'm hoping to get a KitchenAid Stand Mixer someday, on my Kitchen wish list. I made them with a hand mixer and they turned out ok....my only major issue was the sweet filling seemed a little loose and runny, not sure if I didn't gel it up in the fridge long enough when I made the sandwiches. They were a little messy but oh so worth it....




Don't forget to order your copy of the cookbook I highly recommend it, Emeril has hit a Grand Slam with this everyday cookbook, as It walks you through making everything from scratch so for those who enjoy cooking, this is the whole package....

4 Comments:

At October 14, 2012 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I cannot wait to try the smoked sausage sandwich ... I love everything in it!

And nice job attempting the whoopie pies ... they look pretty good to me!

 
At October 15, 2012 at 6:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dewey whoopie pies are a regional dessert, so if yu're from the west (correct) it's not surprising you mayn't have heard of them. I am pretty sure they were "invented" by the Pennsylvania Dutch.

 
At October 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your step-by-step pictures of the sandwich :)

 
At October 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks great! I've been meaning to make this!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home