<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.firehousechefdew.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Firehouse Chef Dewey: #Serious Sandwich Chocolate wafers with Peanut Butter Fudge....well and some Puppy Chow!!!

Monday, October 22, 2012

#Serious Sandwich Chocolate wafers with Peanut Butter Fudge....well and some Puppy Chow!!!

Ok..Ok I'm admitting defeat, I'm not a baker.....yet, I can stumble through it, and I keep trying cause sadly enough I like to bake, I'm just not that good at it....I try, I was all excited to try out my new Kitchenaid Stand Mixer, well...My new used standmixer...got it off Craigslist in a barter for something I haven't touched...as one of my fellow bloggers said....It was meant to be, after a little stumble had to clean and lube the spring it was gunked up from use, and this looks like it has been well used through the years, if the mixer could talk......but i got the paddle on and we were in business...I made the chocolate wafer dough! the kids helped....they had fun rolling it out between the wax paper....and got to help daddy....made there day! through itin the fridge for a few hours went for dinner at a friends house.....OMG so good My wife had made her lasagna, and my friends made a ham, scalloped potato's, green bean casserole, and Stuffed Cabbage Rolls (Galumpkis)...I could have just eaten those sooo good, we got to take a few home, wish I could have been greedy and grabbed more...lol between the wife and I they were gone by bedtime....I'll have to get her recipe and post it one day...

So after dinner, we went back home and the kids and I made the PB fudge, and cut the cookies and this is where I think my problem started...I don't have any cookie cutters...Chocolate Chip cookies are the staple at home...My goal is to beef up my baking equipment this next year....Garage Sales here I come...lol.

We used a plastic cup, it worked pretty good but the issue started it started to stick the disc were hard to get off a couple tore...that's where I think I went to thin, lesson learned...they cooked easy and quick, then getting them off to cool is where we had a few more casualties....no biggie made 8 total sandwiches....

OK, so know I have a decent amount of wafer dough left, and peanut butter fudge left what to do.....so I  cooked the dough crumbled it in a bowl, added the PB fudge, Mixed it up and made small balls then added powdered sugar and made my own version of puppy chow....and that was sooo good so not a complete disaster....Kids were happy they have not one type of treat they have two....and the puppy chow is daddy's weakness.....So...not a bad mistake after all...just keep trying!

Well this is my Final post on Emeril's new cookbook Stacked with Flavor Kicked-up Sandwiches, I can truly say, my cook book in a months time looks like its been through war....I've made notes in it , my favs, things to try, Its an absolute must have for any sandwich fan, and for my Firehouse cooks, its great cause its allot of great recipes that appeal to everyone, and its great to be able to pick and choose a change up, for your meal rotation as we all know guys in the firehouse, that's one of the biggest dilemmas in the firehouse the menu for lunch and dinner..

I'd also like to thank my fellow Bloggers, you guys have made this so much fun, I've learned so much about food, and blogging, and just everything, you guys are amazing and I can say so warm friendly and caring I know Ive made some great friends that I will keep for years..so Thank You!!!

Aly, I want to thank you for all your help, you have been a huge help with everything answering all my questions, helping me with the blog and my future with that and some other projects, You and Sunny are definitely the people who made me realize dreams aren't difficult to meet if you try. You guys have made it a reality so I can't thank you enough....BIG DEWEY HUGS!!!!!

To Tavia and Ashley and morrow cookbooks thank you for taking a chance on a new Food Blogger, I hope I met your expectations you guys have been great with feedback and support, I loved this project, you guys answered all our questions made suggestions, I was amazed at the response with questions from Emeril's kitchen team...by the way they rock as well...You guys put together an amazing cookbook.....

Emeril, I have been a huge fan I can remember watching you with my dad, and then by myself, I always wanted to be like you in the kitchen, if it was for my first love the fire dept. I would have been a chef, but the firehouse has given me the ability to do both and you have been one of my biggest influences, when you did the firehouse cook off on your show, that's when I knew that cooking for me wasn't just making dinner it was about my love of food, and making people happy with my food. So thank you! This is an opportunity that will forever be in my heart and one that I'm extremely proud of.



So with that being said go get this cookbook, you don't know what your missing.....

2 Comments:

At October 22, 2012 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Farmgirl Gourmet said...

They weren't the easiest to make, don't be so tough on yourself. :) When it comes to baking, you just have to stay on the bike and keep trying.

 
At October 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baking is all about trial, error and experience. Keep on keepin' on and you'll be better at it in no time! Although, those sandwiches look great already! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home